The following programs have been tested with Java version 1.6ga5 and Odin 0.8.9 (2013-8-22). If this version of Java gives trouble I go down one version and so on. Some Java programs do not work with Open JDK and therefore not with our Java version which is based on Open JDK. If this is the case I try if it will work with Java version 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java). This will be clearly indicated..
The following programs have been tested (programs can also be presented in other categories)
- = updated August, 2018
- NetBeans, NetBeans IDE is an integrated development environment (IDE) for writing, compiling, testing, and debugging software applications for the JavaTM platform and other environments. NetBeans IDE includes a full-featured text editor, visual design tools, source code management support, database integration tools, and many other features.
- DrJava, is a lightweight development environment for writing Java programs. It is designed primarily for students, providing an intuitive interface and the ability to interactively evaluate Java code. It also includes powerful features for more advanced users.
- Bluej, is a development environment that allows you to develop Java programs quickly and easily.
- PMD, PMD is a source code analyzer.
- OmegaT, is a computer-assisted translation (CAT) tool.
- jEdit, is a programmer's text editor written in Java.
- EJE, is a simple Java editor, perfect to learn Java, without learning a complex development tool.
- Jar Explorer, is a simple, easy-to-use application to browse the contents of jar files. It also includes a class decompiler.
- Greenfoot, teaches object orientation with Java. Create "actors" which live in "worlds" to build games, simulations, and other graphical programs.