The following programs have been tested with Java version 1.6ga5 and Odin 0.8.9 (2013-8-22). If this version of Java gives trouble I go down one version and so on. Some Java programs do not work with Open JDK and therefore not with our Java version which is based on Open JDK. If this is the case I try if it will work with Java version 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java). This will be clearly indicated.
The following programs have been tested (programs can also be presented in other categories)
- = updated June, 2017
- Freeplane, a free and open source software to support thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, at school and at home. The core of the software consists of functions for mapping of thoughts, mind mapping or concept mapping, and tools for the use of mapped information.
- FreeMind, a free and open source software to support thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, at school and at home. The core of the software consists of functions for mapping of thoughts, mind mapping or concept mapping, and tools for the use of mapped information.
- Borg, stands for Berger-Organizer. Borg is a combination of a calendar and tasks "tracker".
- OpenProject, an open-source desktop project management application similar to Microsoft Project.
- Data Crow, allows you use the standard movie & video (divx, xvid, DVD, Blu-ray, etc), book (and eBooks), images, games & software, music (mp3 and other music files) cataloging modules. Beside these module (which you can change to fit your requirements) you can create new modules (want to catalogue your stamps, equipment, or anything else?).
- JabRef, is an open source bibliography reference manager. The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX, the standard LaTeX bibliography format.
- PDF Split and Merge, is an easy-to-use tool with graphical and command line interfaces to spit, merge, mix, and rotate your PDF documents.
- Jreepad, is an excellent free "personal database" program - it's a great way to organise all your personal notes, thoughts, tasks, recipes, memories...
- jGnash, is a cross platform personal finance application written in Java. jGnash is a double entry system with support for multiple currencies. jGnash can import OFX and QIF files.
- JStock, is a free stock market software for 26 countries. It provides Stock watchlist, Intraday stock price snapshot, Stock indicator editor, Stock indicator scanner and Portfolio management.
- Jarnal, Jarnal is a plattform-indepenent programm written in Java for notetaking, sketching and PDF-/picture-annotating.
- JPdfBookmarks, this software allows you to create and edit bookmarks on existing pdf files.
- Java Workflow Editor, Enhydra JaWE (Java Workflow Editor) is the first open source graphical Java workflow process editor fully according to WfMC specifications supporting XPDL as its native file format.
- Ganttproject, GanttProject is a project scheduling application written in Java.
- HP-12C, the Finanx 12c is a free software that simulates the HP-12C financial calculator.
- HP-15C, a simulator for the HP-15C advanced scientific programmable calculator.
- Fx702p, a Casio Fx702p handheld-computer emulator.
- JPDF Viewer, your Java Swing PDF Viewer/Reader cross platform.
- jNPad, an simple text editor written in Java. It is designed to be easy to use, highly customizable and flexible.
- Fred, is a platform-independent time tracking tool.
- jWorkSheet, is a desktop personal time tracker for your projects.
- Memoranda, (formerly known as jNotes2) is a cross-platform diary manager and a personal project management tool.
- jLibris, is a plain-text e-book reader which aims to make reading easier with a powerful visuality and extended configurability.
- java scientific calculator, a desktop calculator/scientific calculator.
- Jeks, is a Java spreadsheet based on the Swing JTable component and the JeksParser library.
- Text Trix, is an open-source cross-platform text editor with a mind for user-friendly file and text navigation.