The following programs have been tested with Java version 1.6ga5 and Odin 0.8.9 (2013-08-22). If this version of Java gives trouble I go down one version and so on. Some Java programs do not work with Open JDK and therefore not with our Java version which is based on Open JDK. If this is the case I try if it will work with Java version 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java). This will be clearly indicated.
The following programs have been tested (programs can also be presented in other categories)
- = updated December, 2016
- FidoCadJ, an easy to use graphical editor with a library of electrical symbols and footprints (traditional and SMD). It is a flexible and effective small EDA tool for hobbyists.
- DIY Layout Creator, (DIYLC in short) is a freeware drawing tool developed with help of a large online community of DIY electronics enthusiasts.
- IconEdit, a graphical Java (GUI) application to edit icon files for Windows (not OS/2!) or to create favicon icons (website).
- Jave, JavE is a free Ascii Versatile Editor intended for drawing simple diagrams by using Ascii characters. It is like a graphics editor for editing texts instead of images.
- jPicEdt, is a vector-based drawing editor for LaTeX and related packages (TikZ, PsTricks,...).
- JaxoDraw, is a Feynman graph plotting tool written in Java.
- GroIMP, (Growth Grammar-related Interactive Modelling Platform) is a 3D-modelling platform.