The following programs have been tested with Java version 1.60ga5 and Odin 0.8.9 (2013-08-22). If this version of Java gives trouble I go down one version and so on. Some Java programs do not work with Open JDK and therefore not with our Java version which is based on Open JDK. If this is the case I try if it will work with Java version 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java). This will be clearly indicated.
The following programs have been tested (programs can also be presented in other categories)
- = updated December, 2017
- JAlbum, create online photo albums from your images and movies with this free software. jAlbum has built in support for organizing and editing images, but with focus on flexible presentation, choose from (own) skins (themes), then upload it to a site with FTP support.
- NDNoise, a Java-based solution for removing noise from digital images.
- GRIP, is actually an acronym for "Graham Relf Image Processor". Graham has written the program for his hobby astrophotography.
- ImageJ, a public domain Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs on any computer with Java 1.6 or later virtual machine.
- Siet, stands for Simple image editing tool, it is an easy to use program for resizing, cropping, or watermarking photos.
- EXIF-O-Matic, metadata of photos (EXIF & IPTC), export to HTML.
- JExifViewer, an Open Source Java application for displaying and comparing Exif information stored in JPEG files.
- Unshake, an automatic "blind" deconvolver. Unshake is capable to recover from poor focus and mild camera shake in single photographs of people or scenery.
- JPhotoBrush Pro, a multi-platform image editing/enhancing/retouching or applying various filters, effects and transformations with an user friendly interface.
- Java Image Editor, not intended as a full-featured image editing program, but rather focused on creating smaller images and icons.
- JGraphite, a simple and easy to use application that can turnover all photos to black and white with just a few mouse clicks.
- Niffler, a simple image viewer and browser.
- Batch Watermarker, is a simple application that allows you to add a logo to many pictures at once.
- Watermarker, is capable of adding watermark of Texts of different color and fonts, Shape of different size and color, images as logo which can be scaled before adding.
- JIBS, Java Image Browser Sorter. An image viewer with a full-screen slide show, image sorting, and producing contact sheet/thumbnails.
- Bric, BRIC is a powerful tool for batch image processing.
- Regim, is a software tool for processing astronomical images.
- Retypar, converts photos, drawings etc. into text.
- Photo Manager, is a program to manage your digital photos.
- Pixelitor, is a cross-platform raster graphics editor written in Java.
- JPhotoAlbum, is a Java desktop application for quickly browsing, organizing and commenting digital photographs and publishing the resulting albums as web pages.