The following programs have been tested with Java version 1.6ga5 and Odin 0.8.9 (2013-8-22). If this version of Java gives trouble I go down one version and so on. Some Java programs do not work with Open JDK and therefore not with our Java version which is based on Open JDK. If this is the case I try if it will work with Java version 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java). This will be clearly indicated.
The following programs have been tested (programs can also be presented in other categories)
- = updated November, 2017
- Hodoku, a Sudoku generator, solver, trainer and analyzer.
- FreeCol, a turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization, and similar to Civilization.
- Domination, classic "World Domination" game of military strategy in which you battle to conquer the world.
- Biogenesis, this program imitates the evolutionary processes that happens on unicellular organism populations in nature. It is also a good entertainment.
- Solarex, is a space traveling, trading and prospecting game built upon a stellar system generator. There is a galaxy full of stellar systems with all sorts of treasures to explore - so enter your spaceship, buy some fuel and head off!
- GoGui, is a graphical interface to programs that play the game of Go.
- Rescue! Max, a 2D space real-time, action/strategy game.
- Mars Simulation Project, the Mars Simulation Project is an open source Java project to create a simulation of future human settlement on the planet Mars.
- Scotland Yard, the classic board game of Scotland Yard.
- JChessBoard, is a chess board written in Java.
- Minesweeper, is a Minesweeper clone written in Java.
- Jigsaw Puzzle, is a traditional jigsaw puzzle game. Use your own images and create unique puzzles each time.
- Java Othello, is a Client/Server Othello game environment in Java language.
- JSoko, is a Java program for playing the Sokoban game. It features path finding, auto push, auto solving, undo/redo, deadlock detection, and more.
- Cubist, lets you intuitive take control over the classic 3x3x3 cube, via mouse or keyboard.
- DexPuxzle, is a recreation of the famous 4X4 sliding puzzle.
- Swap Puzzle, swap messed up puzzle pieces to restore a primary picture.
- Super Mario Bros Java, is a free open-source recreation of the arcade classic.
- JInvaders, is a java clone of the well known videogame Space Invaders from Taito Inc.
- Micropolis, is a java clone of the well known game SimCity.