Java programs in the test phase
The rise of Java programs suitable for open JDK and so Java for eComStation is faster than I can test and process to instructions for running programs. Below a list of programs that are in test phase to find out whether it will work(main functions) with Java version 1.6ga5(last version) or with Java versie 1.4.2_05 (InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java).
The following programs are in test phase:
- = updated December, 2016
- Buddi, household budget. Program works, but reports, help and tutorial do not work. It has to do with that our browser isn't recognized. I could downsize the problem to an other program called BrowserLauncher2. The presented ways of calling do not work in OS/2 and I did report a bug with the request to implement two other ways of calling the browser which do work in OS/2. We have to wait on progress. Also put in a question on the Buddi site.
- Cademia, cad program.
- Gryphon, accounting program
- Improvisor, music notation program.
- iTrain, control your model railroad with your computer. I'm going to try this one in 2017 when I'm ready for testing with my own model railroad setup.
- Jalmus, music education software. Can't save preferences, starting help or website hangs somewhere. Qestions on forum are answered but slow. Have to wait and see. If you don't use preferences or anything with a browser then the program does work, but also read on the forum that there are errors in the presented music material.
revision December 30, 2016